Background

Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer learning, had me a blast!

Summer is hot and so is my personal growth. Corny I know, but accurate. I am having an amazing summer of learning. Check out some of the things I've been doing.

@Professional
June 16 and 17th, I attended the Georgia Virtual School Summer 2011 Professional Learning Symposium. I learned to use some great tools and about some great practices. Check out my live binder of sites and tools:
http://livebinders.com/play/present?id=123636
I also presented on using Screenr in the virtual classroom to leave feedback and personalize communication with students.

@Learning
I started my first class at Valdosta for my EdS in Instructional Technology. I'm taking a course entitle "Atomic Learning". Essentially, I get to pick three software packages or online services that I will study and learn to use. For my first lesson, I selected GarageBand which is a phenomenally easy to use product. Read my reflection for more information.

I do plan to complete another lesson which is not required. Because GarageBand is a MAC specific product, and I have PC, I will need to learn to use Audacity to make pod casts. I'm also exploring using my I-pad to produce pod casts for use my classroom.


@Home
We finished our back patio. It is beautiful. I hung my hammock swing that I have stored since Davin John got married in Mexico, six years ago. It is so worth it!

Trey's new playground (http://www.target.com/Adventure-Playsets-Patriot-Wooden-Swing/dp/B003XECGQG/ref=huc_ic_2_pn) arrived yesterday. We'll be hiring someone to assemble it, because I want to stay married. Trey and I are both so excited and are planning a "break in the playground" soiree!

I also finished working on the front porch. I bought some really pretty wicker furniture for the front porch, two fabulous 4 foot high urns, and an outdoor rug. It's lovely. I feel like I am in the islands.

For father's day, I bought two wireless speakers. I plan to make a marvelous diner for my family, sit on my patio, and listen to my favorite music.

@Athletics
My women's 3.0 USTA team finished 2nd in the state championship last month. It was an awesome weekend with good friends and amazing tennis.

We have started the summer 3.5 season. We lost our first match 2-3, but our opponents lost the following week and we took five lines. We are now in second place in the division. We are still in it and I am looking for another fence sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?